안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, January 5, 2012

La Fonte Spaghetti


What is a house warming party without food? To tease and to sum up the culmination of what we were striving for....we prepared spaghetti for our friends. It is not that spaghetti is our daily staple or anything, it was just that one of my wife’s signature dishes was spaghetti. So, spaghetti it was.
The fact that making spaghetti has been in her niche, it was not a difficult task to prepare to cook some spaghetti for as many as 20 people.  Or was it?
I was or we were so oblivious of the fact that during winter time......the price of tomatoes in Korea was sky-rocketting. Not many people eat tomatoes since these fruits(?) were expensive. I was oblivious that they were....so...despite the fact that tomatoes were soooooooooooo expensive, we did not know or best to say----we were unaware of it.


We bought as many as 7 kiloes of tomatoes or so. ^^. To make it worse, we did not just buy them in one place, so I had to go back and forth from E-Mart, Jinro Mart, a store near our house, and another store and another store just to find some tomatoes. No wonder that some people were staring at me when I was ‘ransacking’ some kilos of tomatoes into the shopping bag. They must’ve thought that I might be crazy to buy lots of tomatoes.
One ajeossi in one store even asked me as to why I needed some tomatoes in this chilling winter....^^
Ok, another thing that I wanted to jot down here was the simplest fact that the La Fonte spaghetti that we bought turned out to be our beloved spaghetti from Indonesia. Oh, it was imported into Korean market for foreigners right here. Wow...that was amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...