안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Asia Society - Korea Center: Kim Jong Un Cult

On October 16,  Asia Society  ( asiasociety.org ) held a luncheon meeting at Lotte Hotel, Seoul. I just learned that it is a monthly event for anyone interested in current issues related to Korea. A lot of dignitaries attended the meeting, including some ambassadors of certain countries, reporters, heads or CEOs of certain companies, and students like me. I met some students from HUFS and a new friend from Hong Kong. 

The fact that we were invited and thankfully got an arrangement for the luncheon meeting was indeed a good part of my decision to pursuing my Korean Studies right her in Seoul. No other reason than ...the fact that there are numerous and endless arrays of seminars, colloquium, workshops, and meetings related to Korea and other fields that I love.
And.. of course,....meeting new friends and colleagues.

The speaker of the luncheon meeting was Prof. Brian Myers from Dongseo University.
I think he is indeed an expert on North Korea in a sense that he talks like an insider of what's going on there. Well, he makes a frequent visit to the country and I am glad to have attended the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...