안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, April 7, 2013

Multi-Faith Prayer Room @ Singapore's Changi Airport. Does Incheon Airport have it?***

The answer to that question would be 'YES' but....
ok, let me start with this first...
Multi-faith prayer room: what an intriguingly interesting, yet so-right a term to call it.
I know that musholla or praying rooms or ARE essential parts of any airport in Southeast Asia. Be it in Jakarta, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok ( I found out that Hongkong--wait, it is not in SE Asia-- has one, too) and I bet other cities too in Southeast Asia provide at least one praying room for its travelers.
I love the fact that the so-called 'multi-faith prayer room' is provided by the authority of Singapore Airport and other airports as well.
Now let's go to Korea with its Incheon International Airport.
Incheon Airport is dubbed to be the number one airport or world's best airports in the world for 8 consecutive years while Singapore Airport is in number two (until April 11, 2013 when the newest poll stated that Singapore has finally garnered the  1st spot once again).
Ok...let me start again with Incheon....
I think my personal evaluation as the user or traveler....is that....
Incheon International Airport IS 99% the world's best airport...since it DOES NOT (fully show) or fulfill the term what a multi-faith prayer room should be like. Well, the one that Singapore Airport provides is quite different.
As for the one(s) in Incheon Airport.....it is a bit different from what I or others might have expected.
..........
So..So..So..So..
I request that Incheon International Airport would willingly think or consider building or setting up a room (for the meantime, size does not matter, supposed it already has one, I hope that it is spacious enough) where travelers ...
Especially, for Muslims who need to pray 5 times a day. 
Korea has attracted more than 10 millions visitors a year. And a significant number of travelers come from Middle East and Southeast Asian countries.
So...I'd be one of those who'd be more than thankful should the authority of Incheon International Airport would consider setting up multi-faith prayer room where Muslims have also a place here. ....like a wudhu (ablution) section for cleansing before praying....
Please..please...please....
I am sure that this will upgrade the status and the pride o Korea's Incheon Airport as indeed the world's BEST airport. (or now the 2nd world's best one).
Back to Changi Airport, even a so-called Meditation Room is provided. 
so, I guess if a so-called "Multi-Faith Prayer Room is soooo difficult to be realized in Incheon Airport, the authority could --at least--consider establishing 
a so-called Meditation Room, especially an additional one for Muslims?
That would surely be an added value of Incheon International Airport.
*** This is my simple wish.....^^ and since it is a wish...I think I could be wrong if it turned out that Incheon does have it already by the time I wrote this blog.
Because...I also found on the internet that actually Incheon DOES have it.
it is called 기도실  (gidosil) or praying room.
The thing is..first it is not really or YET to be a multi-faith since it is only for Christians, Catholics, and Buddhist, and no space for Muslims (that's what I know of)....so, I do hope that an additional room could be added. 
from other travelers that I learned, Incheon indeed have the so-called 기도실 (gidosil) but it does not yet --once again--fulfill the needed space by Muslims.

Or if not, the present room should be at least widely written on signboard so it will be easily known that Incheon Airport Does provide this prayer room.
I just hope that this simple fact that Incheon indeed has this prayer room is widely known and widely posted on many more sections of the airport so that people who need it might find it easy to go there.
So, my next plea is to have more signboard telling passengers that Incheon Airport DOES indeed provide a prayer room  or 기도실 as it is referred to.
By doing so, Incheon Airport is 100% freshly guaranteed that it is indeed World's Best Airport. ^^
so, there goes the 'real' 1% that I have been looking for.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first time stopping by here, seonsaengnim ^^
    ternyata Pak Suray aktif di blogspot juga, hehe.

    Have a nice day :)

    mimoyoja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. halo Raisa. oh...dikau juga ya.
      ok saling kunjung ya.
      gimana kabarmu Raisa?
      semua baik baik ya.
      All the best.

      salam

      Delete
  3. assalamu'alaykum wr wb. stopped by for the first time he..he....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikum salam Apit...^^
      oh walaupun pertama kali semoga bukan yang terakhir ya..^^ well, welcome welcome welcome to our page...^^ to keep ourselves posted, right?
      Well, I manage this blog so as to keep our diaries alive and ..for our Ibu at home to know what and how we've been doing....^^
      so, monggo ya.
      thanks for mampiring..^^

      Delete
  4. Suray I just discovered this! wow! so beautiful and creative, and meaningful things to read too. How do u find the time?!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hAI pETER. nice to know you in my world, too. since it is a kind of diary, family diary, travel diary, ranting diary^-^, all-I-wanna-write-sort-of-blog so...I always make time for this. After all...my Mom and family back home read this too..so..it's also a kind of a communication medium. once again..see you in Summer (Australia term) or Winter (Korea term).

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...