안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hyundai - Hyundai Heavy Industries, etc

These are my pictures when I was having a field trip with Korea Brand Communicator at Gyeongju, POSCO and Hyundai Car Company.
First, the first picture above was when we were at a seminar about Nation Branding's Strategy and Policy held at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. 
As usual, Kumar Bushan was around.^^

Now, let me jot down the pictures one by one. First, the green car above was called TIROL. Though it was my first time seeing this, I could learn Hyundai from its historical perspective. Let start strolling down...


Wait...it is not at Hyundai (sorry for the inconsistency of organizing the pictures^^), ok...I was walking right in front of my hotel at Gyeongju. The street was a bit deserted ...I mean not many people were visible during the morning wee hour ...to top it off..it was a bit windy...so,I guess that's pretty much the reason as to why not many people were around..

Right in front of the hotel. I wish I remember what it was....see the blue bus? that's what we were using for the 2-day trip to Pohang, Ulsan and Gyeongju.

One of the pictures at the ASAN memorial Hall describing the Hyundai's founding father's historical achievements for the visitors like us...to understand how it stood us as it is today.

This is a mini-scale of the whole Hyundai Heavy Industries whole lot...well, since we could not go inside the real factories...the mini scale version of it at least gave us a clue of the size this company has.

Then..oh..Chanmi and Lee Min Ki were visible on the picture. What were they looking at?

It turned out to be the major clients of Hyundai Heavy Industries. Well, who would've known or suspected that now HHI has become the major global player in heavy industries...

Now..back to Hyundai Motor Company. It was at the Hyundai Museum where we could see the whole projections of various cars imaginable. be it the real ones, the old ones, the new ones, or even the prototype ones...not yet available on the market. 


Why not take a pose at one of the old cars that Hyundai used to make...
what a bright color it does have.

Chinmi was spotted looking and busily taking pictures of the cars. See the car behind her? Presto? quite a unique name, isn't it? what does it mean? I know 'ikan presto' but..I wonder if it has the same meaning.

This is a compiled version of pictures made by my friends Chinmi. She loves taking the pictures and make them into one like this. Quite an impressive rendering of what they might look like supposed they were combined in one show-room.  

This is the real PONY II--a car that made Hyundai its' past glory. Well, back in 1982 Korea had even started its own projects of manufacturing their own cars. Imagine that.

I love this slogan. " New Thinking. New Possibilities" 

and this one,too. But..although I would say...Really? 
Of course Hyundai sells cars. But the way it emphasizes on the notion that it does not sell cars but 'ideas' is...an intriguingly interesting fact to know--at least to ponder and make me smile. Cool, eh?

Being in the museum, I kind of learned as to how Hyundai Motor Company has come a long way to achieve its current status as one of the strongest car companies in the world.

With its displays...right here...I also learned a simple fact that passion and perseverance in 'creating' something like cars, for instance, has become one or two of the driving force that has brought Hyundai to its current stance.

Now...let me put this picture right here: Parvina (my friend from Uzbekistan) & Chinmi (from Nepal) who have accompanied me for the past year in going around Korea as Korea Brand Communicator. Love them both since they were always cheerfully kind.

and...the last picture (on this entry): 
Hyundai's current slogan and Hyundai's past creation 
indeed show how Hyundai has transformed itself into once again a must-watch car company in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...