안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, December 29, 2012

Autumn 2012: Autumn Leaves, Lantern Festival Festival, Pepero Day

I am writing this entry in the midst of the freezing Winter. I guess it was minus 3 degrees or so. The other day it was minus 13!!!!. Well, still it was still so cold that I could not write a thing unless I wrapped myself with blanket to warm the whole body.

Now, let me jot it down this way. To start with, I will just upload lots of pictures we took during last Autumn. First, Freya and her Mom were walking back home after their daily-activity at Modu Public Library. The reason as to why they took this picture was no other than ....seizing the moment of being in front of that tree over there.See that? My wife told me that she liked it...

Even, they collected some leaves to keep. First...two leaves..
Then...other ones...with different textures... 
Then...as days went by...more and more autumn leaves indeed captured their craze... 
They were so excited of having the leaves that most of them were tenderly tugged into a dry sheet of newspaper so as to keep them warm...

A closer look.. 
yellowish, reddish, brown, orange....
colorful... 
even, some dried ones were among the colored autumn mysteries... 
all kinds of shapes and degree of rendering... 
The close-up magnified leaves would be always in the memories of ours. Indeed, it was a great Autumn. 
Another story that I think worth-jotting down here is Eyra's past bed time activity. She made two dolphins of color clays that she began getting interested in. She is pretty good at this, I guess. 
As Freya, she was so proud of herself being able to draw as many stars as she could.  
then, PEpeRo Day came along on November 11, 2012 or should we name it 111112 Day?
One cultural activity that we did ...but ....I was a bit distracted by the school paper that I did not have time to blog was.....our visit to Cheonggyecheon again and again...well, there was this huge anually-held Seoul Lantern Festival.

Not that cold that night compared to Winter:) sure! but still, we warmed ourselves with a bit of more clothing and stuffed ourselves with padded jackets. The lanterns displayed were arranged in more or less 50-meter intervals, so onlookers did not need to squeeze themselves in the crowds just to enjoy what should be enjoyed...^^
What a better way to start the Autumn or early Winter than..going out ..taking a stroll along the beautifully lit Cheonggyecheon with illuminating^^ lanterns that dotted the almost 3-km long stretch...ing stream.
I think I saw these lantern last year!!!! (back in 2011) the first lantern festival I attended. I wonder if those were the ones used last year or ...they were just being similar in theme. Well, I guess...traditional touches were the major themes this year. Not like the one in 2011 when more modern lanterns occupied most displays.
Opps...black out. No...we were under the bridge and I guess the lighting was deliberately made in such a way so as to give a striking contrast to the exhibited lanterns being shown on the walls there.
All's in all...it was a worth-visiting lantern festival.
Back to see it again in 2013? Insyaallah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...