안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 7, 2014

Jalanan @ EBS International Documentary Festival

Finally I could say that I made a great decision of sort of forcing myself to attend the last screening of an Indonesian movie called 'Jalanan' a.k.a. Street Busker directed by a Canadian-born Indonesianist-turned-director 'mas Daniel Ziv. ^^ 
It took me an hour to see the movie at Lotte Cinema at Digital Media City. And the theater was 3/4 full. And..finally I could see it with my own eyes and enjoy the music with my own ears...what the people have been chattering about for the past year. 
EIDF 2014 is indeed a good platform to share and bring forth the diverse documentary about issues we otherwise never have thought of before. Just like the one presented in "Jalanan", as an Indonesian myself, I was completely shocked by the realities widely and bare opened in front of our eyes. Yes..it's a good wake-up call about the harsh realities faced by minorities..or even invisible minorities or..should I say..subculture? who live in Jakarta. 
After..getting out of the theater..I was suddenly brought back to the glittering realities that I am in Seoul, Korea...which is completely different from the striking contrast of the harsh realities faced by some Indonesians, especially those unfortunate ( I could be wrong, though) street buskers. 
Definitely worth-it. And I recommend anyone interested in seeing the other side of the seemingly-gleaming life of Indonesia's capital, Jakarta. 
Thank you mas Daniel Ziv, for bringing the issue up^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...