안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, January 18, 2015

Prayer Room @ Incheon Airport

I was @ Incheon Airport to see om Wawan and mbak Ulfa off. It's 4.30 pm and I hadn't prayed, yet. So, I got to find the prayer room. I know that Incheon provides prayer rooms both in arrival and departure halls. For departure halls, I got to find it on B1 (Basement 1) floor and ...phew..what a great 'adventure' in itself.
Finally I found it after, well, 30 minutes of  circling around the vast and huge B1 floor with its zigzagging corridors.
First, as soon as I opened the door, I could see 3 different prayer rooms: one for Christians, one for Catholics, and one for Buddhist believers.
I was not that surprised to see that I could not find prayer room for Muslim. I read from other blogs that they must/ had no other options but to sue the Buddhist prayer room to pray..since it is the one that resembles the Masjid in terms of its wooden floor to pray on.
This is it. Yes, I was praying using this floor....of course..it was a bit weird that I had to pray inside /with the Buddhist nuance around me..but..this was the best I could find. I mean..the Christian and Catholic sections are fully equipped with benches and seats that would make it impossible for me to perform the prayer. 
and...this is how the Buddhist prayer room looked like. 
and...the B1 Floor where the Prayer Room located....
is right next to the Airport Railway Express Ticket Counters...
or..ask for direction from the Information Service to guide us where to go.
*Oh, it was having a serene feeling when I was inside the prayer room....
don't ask me why...^^

1 comment:

  1. Is this surau in terminal 1 or terminal 2?

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...