안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, March 6, 2013

STOKER: Mesmerizingly Twisted!!!

On March 1, I was somewhat lost in CGV Cinema as which movie to watch. I was coming with an expectation to see "Jack the Giant Slayer" but to no avail. No tickets were available at that time. All's sold out. And not a minute too soon ...I spotted one seat left on the screen. STOKER had one more seat and the movie was about to start in 5 minutes.
Without further thinking, I bought one ticket and got myself sulkily lured into the dark theater....with no anticipation of what would come ahead.
I was uneasily beaten right through my heart and felt restless throughout the movie.
I heard about this STOKER film before. The buzz on the internet was going on. It is Korean director--Park Chan-wook's English-language debut in Hollywood. 
A lot of Koreans were talking and making it one of big headlines over the weeks.
So...there I was. seated at the back row of the dark room when the stories began.
Nicole Kidman, Matthew Goode, Mia Wasikowska.....gave chilling performance that I more than often got on the edge of my seat and squirmed.......
I came without knowing at all what the movie was all about and..I came out....speechlessly dumbfounded in sheer trembling of what the movie was all about.
"TWISTED"
"DISTURBINGLY NAUSEA-TIC"
"HAUNTINGLY PERVERTED"
That's all I could say.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...