안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, May 10, 2013

Seeing my friend's exhibition @ Noam Gallery, Insadong

Position 2. That's what it's called. the theme of the exhibition.
The other day..I learned that my fellow friend was having an exhibition in Insadong; along with his other student-artists from Konkuk University.
Wait...! Insadong: the very place where art galleries dot and occupy most space?
Yup, I heard it correctly.
My fellow friend, Rainur Pria--being the only foreigner among all-Korean others who exhibit their works of art--must be so proud of himself and as one of his friends, I could also say that I am also the proud one, especially after being able to witness and to be there in person.
As I was there with the artist himself, It would've been meaningless had I not taken a picture with him.* Thanks, Rain, for explaining (some) details/rationale behind your works of art. 
I deliberately asked him to stand right next to the exhibition poster so as to show that he's really into it. Look, Rain..your name's on it!!! 
Hmmm..actually..I should not have taken any pictures. But this picture was taken as I was on the stairs leading to the gallery. My bad....I just hope that it's okay. I harmlessly had no slightest idea of putting it as a violation of copyrights or anything. I just want to make it as a little of remembrance or token of gratitude for having been able to be inside the gallery.  
With Rainur Pria, the artist himself..it couldn't have been any better.
Congratulations, bro! I think what you did is splendidly awesome.
Well, hope to see more of your works in the future. 
Taken from the booklet available on site. The left image is one of the still picture taken from his video installation. 
Rainur created some sort of 'darker tone' in his title since the three pieces of his artworks were:
'Distorted Mind' and 'Silent Pain'
Hmm...I wonder what are behind the lines/picture/video.
I wonder what Rainur is trying to convey through his arts...
All in all, Thank you, bro..for sharing your thoughts on your very own works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...