안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, February 1, 2016

In The Midst of Concrete Jungle: Bumped Myself With ....

Dull. Grey. Murky....those are the words ......unquestionably popping up inside my mind....since there's no green at all. But, then ..what to expect from the winter chill like this?
So, instead of 'feeling' somewhat drawn-out after a weekend-job, I decided to walk home...to the station from my workplace. Yup, I decided to give it a try...walking pass a pedestrian bridge I've seen many times but never had a chance to go and see it with my own eyes.
Okay...as I was walking away from the CBD, I pretty much drew a preliminary conclusion..that I wouldn't find much...
boy..I was right. ^^ in the sense that not a single soul was there. Wow, I was the only one passing the bridge at that moment.
OOPS....wait...all of a sudden...a biker just passed me bye. I thought it was supposed to be pedestrian-only. I was wrong....^^
Then, I caught a view underneath. Again...a somewhat dull view was visible since it's winter. But, was it really dull? ^^ boy oh boy..I was stunned.
First, I got to descend those stairs...if I ever wanted to go down explore the 'park'
But, first..I tried my best to enjoy the architectural designs of this bridge.
..called Saetgang Bridge...to connect the business district of Yeouido and the Singil area where a subway station is located.
...then..I was stunned to see a frozen creek down below. Yup, I was excited all of a sudden.
Winter in its dull-looking and greyish-nature seemed to offer something else.
It's all in the perspective we see things....it's all whether we see things for granted..or trying to read between the obvious. 
The obvious? It's a crowded and busy traffic lines down there...
..the not-that-obvious? Try myself to detach from the conformity of thinking that...winter is dull and nothing to see. So, I kept on walking pass through the bridge..and reached the end of it....to see the whole new view of the area where I've been working....from a different angle.
Oh, okay. And even the weary-looking branches..no matter how trivial and unattractive they may be....they're the true symbol of winter existence..at the moment...and the only way to cherish it...was by admiring and feeling thankful for being able to see and experience all of these.
So, this was what came to my mind: simply enjoy the man-made wonder where you're..and at the same time....feeling blessed that you're there to witness it.
A fish-net-like suspension cables "knitted" in such a way to create this unique design...and that's one of the tricks I ingrained into my mind...to start enjoying this bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...