안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, August 29, 2012

BOlaveN...oh Bolaven...

I think I got to at least write something about this unusually strong gust wind or most people refer to as ' Typhoon' yesterday. The TV and media were at frenzy for 24 hours reporting this so-called Bolaven. Gosh...we were stuck inside our home without having any guts to get out. Who would?
Ok, TUeSday, August 28, 2012 would be remembered as another additional day in the minds of people of both Korean and foreign nationalities living in Korean Peninsula. As what? As the day of Bolaven.
I just realized that there are some casualties in the Jeju and South Cheolla Province, not to mention the damages and carnage that the Bolaven had caused. The material loss would be tremendously great, too--I supposed.
As of writing this entry, I did not yet find any articles or news reporting the amount of material loss suffered by Korea. But, still, no matter how much it may have cost the country, I am still relieved and thankful that most of the country's citizens were all willingly take shelters and measures in anticipating Bolaven.
I just could not imagine what would've happened had there been no weather satellites to give us warnings... and what would've happened had no preemptive cautions been taken days before it struck the country.
 'Tis a good thing that most of the people were safe.
---
As for me, it was my first storm experience.
Seoul was not that directly affected by the typhoon, but the eerie sound of the wind whirling over our house was so deafening that I came to terms....and could not stop but imagining what those people in the direct-hit areas must have experienced....
Today, Wednesday, school children are back to their school.
I took Eyra to school today..and the sun was shining brightly as if nothing like Bolaven had ever happened the day before.
But...seeing the debris....the bent trees.....the disarrayed bushes and flowers beds...along the way up to school...reminded me...that Bolaven indeed just VISITED us the day before.
Alhamdulillah that we are alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...