안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spring @ Gyeongbokgung Palace (part 1)

#Pray for everyone affected by Jindo ferry incident. 
--> so, I just hope that everyone, my friends..anyone who happen to read this blog...please try to understand that IF I start posting up my pictures and all of the activities I've been doing for the past weeks (blogging that I've been doing on a daily basis for the past years..), please..believe me that it DOES NOT mean that I am insensitive of what IS happening. I AM and I do. My heart goes out for them.
---
It was March 30 and I was expecting to see the annual ceremony of Joseon's Royal Guards Assignment or Dispatch. Since it was early spring and the outdoor was a bit cold, so I decided to spend some time inside a museum @ Gyeongbokgung.

It's one of the antique cars used by King Sunjong. I think I made an entry about it years ago.^^ 
So, this time I only tried to capture the image in vintage so as to see it in its past glory. 

Okay, let's go out. Then..I overheard a commotion outside the museum and I was right. The ceremony was about to begin and ...not a minute too soon..I was ..sitting or standing in the midst of crowds after crowds.... 
wanting to catch a glimpse of what was happening. 
I was lucky to be able to sit in the first row so I could see the whole (well, not all) view of the ceremony as it was rolling up right in front of my camera and eyes:) 
At one end of the corners, a group of colorful Joseon's guards were marching towards the ceremonial ground.  
With the spring's clear blue sky at the backdrop, the picture couldn't be any clearer than this. I think it summed up the 'extravaganza' at that time. 
..now let the fiesta begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...