안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, April 16, 2012

TOPIK

TOPIK or Test of Proficiency in Korean Language was like a nightmarish-type of thing these days--at least for me. OK, to start with. I got to get through this lots-o-fun test.  (the good part: I got my intermediate level already). Done that. (check!).
NOw..comes the most boldly daring part of me: trying to beat it for its higher ground--that is to say---I got to get my advanced level. (Did that today) (Check!).
a so-called forced-courtesy smile on my face.....^^
what seems to be the problem, then????
I felt like I blew it.
Gosh....I got to admit that Korean language is so .........difficult.  (ok.....couldn't describe it literally right here).
I started the test at around 9.30 this morning.
Got up early and got a ride by subway to Sungsil University in Seoul where the test took place.
Got my classmate by my side, well...we were on the same mission--so to speak.
Did I study and prepare well? I think I pretty much did. Well, not that much I guess. but the thing was that.....no matter how long I've been trying to ram it up myself .....hook myself up.....with all the twists and tricks....it seemed to me..that I need more and a looooooot to learn again.
Gosh, vocabularies and grammar in Korean did give me a blow on my head (read: brain)!!!
I felt like what I've been learning up to now....is not yet complete or sufficient enough to get me prepared for the test.
I felt like I need more than just.....books. I need to squander myself on more real Korean news: be it those on the newspaper or TV or books. I need to learn and read more and more.
OK...what a great day today...it was indeed......to spend it on a hot-seat like TOPIK test^^
a good lesson worth-remembering, Suray? You beT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...