안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, June 1, 2012

Bulgogi @ Insadong

Bulgogi? I think most Koreans love bulgogi or marinated barbecued beef (or chicken or pork). But, I think the one being served right here in this restaurant is the beef one. At least the one that we ordered. See the ambiance of the restaurant. It is a traditional yet modernly decorated one, right?

All of my friends ordered bulgogi, complete with its side dishes and rice.

The one we had was more like a 4-person menu so they could share the bill, later ^^. But, not to worry because the reason we had the bulgogi here is to experience the authentic Korean cuisine with the complimentary of the Korean Brand Communicator of which we are the member. ^^ How nice is that?^^

I ordered another dish specially for me, and it was bibimbab-like menu or mixed rice with lots vegetables on it. But, the one I ordered is a bit different since we had this heavily or strongly scented dwenjang (fermented soybeans) that I got to put into the vegetables so as to bring about the flavor.

A close-up look at the bulgogi that we ordered. There was a lot of mixed veggies on it that this meal serves itself as one of the most sought after meal, for its being healthy. Just think: mushroom, sprouts, beans, garlic, and even dates were all dipped and mixed into it.

A nice look on one of the side dishes that we ordered. 
Since I am really into veggies, I think it suited me most.^^

Another angle and shot of the bulgogi. After waiting for about 15 minutes or so, my friends finally got their appetite swagged by the delicacy that this special dish offered. 

Kimchi. What would a Korean meal without kimchi or fermented cabbage. This hot and spicy, yet refreshing dish is a must-have side-dish in almost all of Korean meal. 

My friends from Korea Brand Communicator: 정재아, 운희경, 윤갱, and Adel. 

This is the alley where we had our bulgogi. I think this is a typical alley that Insadong offers to its visitors. Lots of yogwan or losmen (in Indonesian) or hostels are mingled with cafes, restaurants, and tea-houses. 
It somewhat reminded me of Prawirotaman or any alleys that I used to find back home in Malioboro, Jogjakarta. A similar look reminded me of my hometown.

2 comments:

  1. when i was in korea i get some lunch there too,,food was delicious i really love it...but forget the restaurant name..can you tell me the Restaurant name? really wanna go back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Chemy...
      thank you for dropping by at my blog.
      hmm...I'm sorry...I think I forgot the name..^^ hehe. it's like 3 years ago. But, please use the last picture of this blog and ask people where this alley might be. Hope it does not change that much, though.
      Yup...hope you can go there again when you're visiting Seoul again. gomawoyo.

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...