안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pentas Budaya Indonesia -Korea (part 4)

To initiate an Indonesian Day at Ansan on June 3, 2012, a joint cultural collaboration between Indonesia and Korea was held last night. The venue was BRICS Hall at Graduate School building, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. I learned that this was a collaborative program held by Indonesian Embassy in Seoul, PERPIKA (Indonesian Students' Association in Korea), and of course, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, especially the Malay-Indonesian Department. 

The first performance to welcome the guests of both Koreans and Indonesian alike was a Betawi traditional dance called Tari Topeng or 탈춤. As many as seven female dancers were performing 3 different mask dances in one single show. They somewhat reflected three different characters that human could possibly have in their mannerism: being gentle & kind, being pretty & seductive, being manly & strong. That's when I was asking myself as to whether the dance actually portrays a female or male. I assumed it was more like portraying a female figure. 

Anyway, that's just my assumption. No more rushing into conclusion whatsoever, after all...I am no expert in such a thing. I might as well see and enjoy what's being served right in front of my eyes. And..that's just about what I was pretty much doing.

The last stance of what I meant by showing off the manly characteristic as shown through the male-facade of the masks that the dancer were wearing. 
More on the two countries' cultural shows were right on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...