안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Recollection of Eyra's Days in the hospital

I still want to put some pictures of the times when Eyra was still hospitalized at Kyunghee Medical Center. I did not remember whether it's the 3rd of 4th day, but one thing for sure...she showed some signs of recovery. Judging from her eyes...and the smile she gave us^^ (or was it because of the balloon with a shark in it?^^)

Thus, she insisted on going out for a few minutes outside of the hospital. Despite the fact that it was a bit chilly outside, she insisted on going.Well, since I also thought that it would psychologically help her gain her health back, I said yes and here we were... 
...at the pond right at the center of the hospital's entrance. It did lure some people to stop and check what it had to offer. It had some kinds of fiber lamps that would change its colors every seconds. I bet Eyra saw it days before that she knew what it was and begged me to take her there...^^

See? Wearing her hospital pajamas and at the same time holding her 'injection stick(?) (gosh..I wonder what it's called), she was able to manage her way around the curves and the stairs and stuffs. She pretty much enjoyed it.

Back to the room.....and we had a cake that Wulan gave us. Wulan is my student back home. She was the one who was supposed to celebrate her birthday, but she gave the cake for us to enjoy. Oh...^^
 
I might as well post up the bigger picture of the cake. Eyra and the gang (that includes me, then^^) loved it. A treat in a treatment room like this.

Eunjin is Eyra's friend in the class. She gave her a visit. They are pretty much close to each other since they always spend weekend together. Eyra was happy to have her friends come and see her. Moreover, they brought along with them...some girls' stuffs to play with....=

THIS what I mean.^^. They played with put-it-on & take-it-post-it kind of paper toys where girls can dress up their barbie with any fashionable outfits they want to. 
Pssst...Eyra was never into this kind of girls' toys, but to our surprise...she loved it^^

It was the time when she got to undergo a USG treatment. She got a lump on her right neck the day she was hospitalized. The reason she got this USG was to see as to whether that 'lump' still exist and as to whether it possess any further potential harms.

Thank God, she is just fine and the 'lump' was nothing more than an excessive effect of her high fever. It was decreasing and now..it's completely gone. Nothing to worry about.

intermezzo: I think this is the best meal I ever had in the hospital simply because it had no meat at all. Well, there is some fish on it, but others are tofu, kimchi, sprouts and ...other vegetarian stuffs that I like.

It was the 5th day and every night she still had a high fever. That's the reason she was not yet allowed to go home. But, I am sure that the doctors had done their best to make sure that she was fine. I prayed that she'd be just fine and getting better..

And she was. She was getting better and better. Even, she never stopped having activities such as drawing, sketching or coloring some Tayo's pictures--one of her favorites.

Oh, did I mention that her 'chihuahua' always accompanied her from day one?^^

Now, this is something that I would like to mention. Thank God, Alhamdulillah, we have this National Health Insurance for foreigners. We would've paid a lot of money, had we not had this insurance. I think Korean Government really does a good job even in protecting the interests and rights of foreigners like me. 

Oh, this is another activities that Eyra got herself involved: making some thing out of playdough or clay.
(more stories on this one on my other posts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...