안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, September 15, 2012

삼성전 Sam Seong Jeon @ JEJUDO

What is this place actually? Well, more about this later. But, first...I was impressed by the shady place like this in the first place. I loved the relatively big trees with its so-called canopy-like function that gave a place a kind of serene atmosphere. Personally, I think I felt like I was in Bali. Well, this place kind of reminded me about one of the places I visited in Bali. 

and..why is that? Simply because, this place is the very spot where a 'holy' shrine closely related with Jeju island's legend is located. This place is so perfect in the sense that the setting, the weather, the oxygen-laden(?)^^ parks (thanks to its huge trees) are all there. Just look at the picture above. Well, this picture does not do justice to the real serenity I felt while visiting the place, though.  

Ok, more an that....later. But this is the very place that becomes the center of the attention for anyone visiting this shrine. See the hole in the middle of the lawn in the picture? Well, legend has it that three god-like men emerged from the grounds right on that very spot. I also learned that they were the ones who 
established the Tamna Kingdom. (Tamna was the other name for Jeju in ancient time)

Now..a bit of a pose before going to outline further about this place. Well, I thought to myself that I need to take a picture right in front of this historical place.

As the signboard says, this is the place where three demi-gods emerged from the ground.

I was enticed by this place that I took several pictures out of curiosity and amazement. Well, I've never heard any of the legends or historical background surrounding Jeju with its ancient Tamna kingdom. 

I was overshadowed by the shades. Anyway, I had to be in this picture. 

 The shrine, the memorial table of the three demigods are preserved. Memorial services are held on April 10th and October 10 every year by descendants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...