안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chuseok--Korea's Thanksgiving Day

풍성한 한가위 되세요^^
"Have an affluent Chuseok"
Chuseok, Chuseok, Chuseok..that's the catchy word for these days.
추석 or Chuseok or Thanksgiving Day for Korean comes today on September 29. 
Of course based on the lunar calendar, it is the 15th day of the 8th month. The full moon is right her for us to behold. 
Ok, I am not going to tell about this festivity directly but....what comes along with it...is what prompted me to write this entry.

I was walking by, transferring at, going to several subway stations....and..to my surprise, something caught my attention. Lots of new-to-my-eyes snacks were like popping out of nowhere in just one night..or that..I never paid any attention to i before? Anyhow, these traditional snack, candies, cookies, and sweets were all there to celebrate the Chuseok Holiday.

Since they were so tempting and that..I never tried those kinds of snacks before...I was urged to try it. The price was not pricey. It cost only 1,200 won per 100 grams of any kinds you took. So, I took some that interest me. A kind of random sampling^^

This is what I bought. So colorful, right?

Although I did not know most of their names^^:D....I enjoyed eating them very much.

Some resembled snacks back home in Indonesia. I guess...the rice flour being the main ingredient of this traditional snack was the reason why we had similar stuffs back home.

Happy Chuseok, everyone.^^
Have an affluent chuseok.
(I know that we should have eaten some songpyeon--the representative tteok or rice-cake in Chuseok), but  we have not yet eaten them.^^Instead, we had this first.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...