안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yeosu Expo 2012 (a memoir)

Yeosu Expo 2012? YES..you read it correctly.^^
.I know I know..I should have written all about it a few months go...but due to some constraints and all...I did not write about it. Instead, as you may have already known, other posts on other stuffs did come out first.
So, I went to Yeosu Expo with (of course) friends from Korea Brand Communicator. We are the members of Korea Brand Communicator whose job and task were to cover everything about Korea that we may encounter along the one-year long activities. This Yeosu Expo was of course one-not-to-be-missed highlights of our activities.
(on the picture: as usual, me and Bushan Kumar, my fellow friend from India)

Oh, this was actually not in Yeosu Expo but in Odongdo Island which is located just a couple of minute-walk from the site where Expo was held. So, I might as well post it right here so as to make it into a one-package story of my trip to Yeosu. 
(on the pic.: me and the gangs)

In front of the plaza where admiral Yi Sun Si statue was located. He was a Korean naval commander, famed for his victories against the Japanese navy during the Imjin war in the Joseon Dynasty. That's all pretty much about it. And..Yeosu was one of the locations where the war took place--that's what I learned.

The whole pack of our Korea Brand Communicators was waiting in line to have our tickets to get into the expo. It was so hot...but we did not mind it since we were so excited of going into the pavilions.

The first group picture we took before going deeper and deeper into the realms of wonder in Yeosu Expo. I think it was taken right at the marina located near the entrance gate.

This is only --I think--one third of the whole Expo site. Since the theme of the expo was 'The Living Ocean & Coast', no wonder that Yeosu which was located right next to the beach....was  used as the site of the expo. 

Before continuing...I saw this perplexing yet amazing stunt done by a naval police or expo police. I did not know what it was, but as seen on the picture, one guy was propelled or thrust into the air after the pipe was gushed or highly pressurized with air+water which enabled him to be lifted up over the water.  From afar, he looked like flying over the water, right?

This is the biggest pipe organ in the world--I guess. The Sky Tower is a symbolic construction made by transforming a pair of abandoned silos into a masterpiece. This pipe organ can play a sound similar to a piano and its sound could travel as far as 6 kilometer away. ^^ wow...

I took this picture while strolling along the streets inside the Expo. People thronged to the site that made it at times impossible for us to enjoy all of the themes--due to long queue of the site. :( but..that' z the beauty of it.

This is something to behold. I could not help but admiring the magnitude of this LED screens. It was a ceiling made of all LED I could dream of. As I learned, it had 218 meters wide and 30 meters long with --be prepared--6,324 units of 60 inches TVs combined together and put them all up into this HUGE ceiling. It was also called the passageway of the international pavilions. Every time the films or images were displayed with interactive menus that we could  use through smartphones. (though I did not know how to do it^^). 
 
This is how it looked like at nights. The brighter and clearer view was more alive. Oh, one more thing...unlike other pavilions, I did not have to wait in a long queue just to watch this ceiling. While walking, I just looked up and saw what the screen was showing. ^^

There were hundreds of pavilions being displayed in Expo. As usual, each country had its best to offer in order to show off its own characteristics or uniqueness in terms of Ocean and its relation to its nation. As an Indonesian, I got a chance to see the pavilion with its theme ' Wonderful Indonesia'. Well, frankly speaking, compared to other countries, it was not that impressive or big. Just Okay-lah.^^ If only, it could look better and well prepared. But, I think the movie being shown inside the pavilion was somewhat a 'plus'.
 
It would not have been a complete visit to Yeosu Expo if we had not yet experienced the BIG-O show at night. So, after a day-long journey into the myriads exposure of Expo, we sat and watched the magnificent show displayed by the BIG O. 
(sorry for the not-that-clear picture).
This was dubbed as the heart of Yeosu Expo. IT resembled the letter O with special effects and water shows through its 345 fountains nozzles which could shoot up a water as high as 70 meters..along with the music that accompanied its rhythmic movements.
Oh, the laser show! Holograms!
Indeed, it was a perfect closure to a visit such a huge expo. 
(I had a great fun and memories at Yeosu Expo 2012--once in a lifetime experience!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...