안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, November 11, 2013

Pepero Day (agaiiinn???? already?)

Gosh..it's 11-11 again. Pepero Day.
Gee..time flies so fast. It was 엊그제 같은데......... 
This pack of 5 Pepero (all flavors) cost 5,000 Won or about 50,000 Rupiahs. and that's how pricey it cost had it been introduced in Indonesia. But..luckily there is no such thing as Pepero Day in Indonesia...otherwise..that'd be a massive amount of money....(call it what you want: wasted? circulated?) 
Anyhow..This Pepero Day has been one of the conundrums that's been perplexing me since I arrived here 2 years ago. I mean...how could one single trademark occupies the single soaring sale in a day in Korea?
that must've been a huge amount of planned agenda be it from the makers, the distributors who mostly benefit a lot out of it.
... 
But..then again...it's a cultural thing..which I cannot do anything but..to look at, to scrutinize, to feel, to see, and most of all..to enjoy.... 
so..last night I bumped into the a bunch of seemingly high school boys who're so wrapped up in confusion as to what kinds of Pepero to buy. hmmm...girls must be so excited of receiving what these boys buy for them.
and...guess what? I am sure that their pocket money come from their parents...who I am sure...are aware of this. 
so...those boys are just a mini part that play the circle of Pepero consumption in one single day. Not to mention, university students, couple, white, and blue workers..and others....oh well..the list goes on....
*but all in all....* 
What can I say...all market..even the small supermarket chain like GS25, Seven Eleven, and others...are lining up to decorate their stores with what looks like a national event:
Pepero Day.
Should I say " Happy Pepero Day"?
*well, at least...I DID buy a PACK of Pepero myself:_ hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHhahahahahahahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...