안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, November 9, 2013

International Food Festival (part 2): The FOOD

African Food <Checked> you got it. Although I am a vegetarian, the festival was like heaven since I still could eat lots and lots and endless arrays of food from all over the world--literally. Some African food from several countries were specially prepared by students from the Africa Continent.
* I love the colors. In fact, I kinda enjoyed their rice. 
Being an Asian, I love trying out other Asian countries' specialties. This is a Cambodian, wait..Myanmar...wait..The Philippines ...wait...Thai...oh well....I am sure that those countries have similarities of using 'pineapple' to be one of the ingredients in making fried rice. and yes..this is pineapple rice.
hmmmm...I'd love to have this food once again...and again...and again...
Then I continued my journey into...oh no..I should've remembered in which part of the world I was in. 
Okay..the salad was good...and I love the potato tots.  
European friends prepared cake and this was splendid. ...
again..I should've asked to what specific country this cake derived from.
*Oh, I must've been busy holding my plate full of food while taking pictures of the stalls and booths.
Simply oblivious of the fact that I needed to jot down there they come from. 
Then, off we went to Central Asia...and oh, Kazakhstan food was another thing worth-trying for. and..wait...I thought I saw some "resoles" here. I thought that these were Indonesian food.... and..yes..I was right. It turned out that Kazakhstan and Indonesian friends united themselves to present their food at the same table and group. 
Oh, this is the Ethiopian Coffee I was talking about at my other entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...