안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, November 9, 2013

International Food Festival (part 1): Ethiopian Coffee

 It got my attention. The spread-out ingredients on the floor as soon as I stepped out of the elevator and turned right into the venue.
Yes, Ethiopian friends prepared the traditional making of their coffee drinking culture.
Although I am not an avid coffee drinker, this surely ticked my inner 'adventurous' ego.
First, what do popcorn have to do with coffee? 
Then..there are real coffee, the kettle, the beans, the incense, ... 
okay, I would love to try it out and asked the lady who's serving the presentation.. 
  
It was served right in front of us...for the sake of pure and live experience. 
and...do I like it? Yes, to my surprise..I do...I mean I did.
I was taken aback for a moment as I sipped it since it was the strongest coffee I ever tasted. 
Luckily, the lady offered me some sugar ..and with two spoons of additional sugar, my first Ethiopian Coffee experience went smoothly into my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...