안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, November 15, 2013

Dongmyo 동묘앞 Station: What's in there? (part 3)

let the pictures do the talking, first.
caption: coming....
i AM BACK. now...let me jot down what these pictures are.
This is one shop at a small alley at Dongmyo. This alley sells imported snack from all over the world. Though they are suspiciously-strange-looking snacks, people do buy from these stores. I mean...this morning I saw a 1,000 Won for 5 cans of assorted peanuts..which to my surprise...it cost so cheap because the expiration date was well...in one day more...(Les Miserables). anyway...it's still a good place to find some exotic snacks that I never dreamed of finding....or let alone enjoying.
Another facade of the market is the fishing rods. Yes, some shops do specialize themselves in selling fishing-related gears.
Then..these knik-knacks ..brick-a-brack of what I am not sure of...gee...they're really a lot to look at and admire.
I mean..we could spend more than an hour just to scrutinize every little piece of stuffs being tossed in front of the shop.
*priceless* for those who are into this stuff.
and..what in the heaven..are those? I bet they're electronic devices. I mean..why people sell those stuffs and  ..to give it a little twist...why some people do look for this junk? (for some they may look like junk, but for some, they're precious. Priceless. Worth-every-won of them to sell and resell and maybe....shaped or made into something new ...which later on end up on our life.
Then..what about all of these used stuffs, ranging from everyday gears like shoes or things unimaginable like used cables along with their dangling and broken piece of metal or plastic you could come up with...
And..wow...these are portable CD and VCD player (oh,,it's so '90s).
All kinds of old cameras, even a pink desk-clock...seems to blend in.
Oh,well..
What about used books? sure there are some at Dongmyo.
I once bought my first dictionary right here. (Korean-English dic). It cost much cheaper in big stores, for sure.
Then..off I went to some houses deep in the alleys...and on my way there..I encountered this globe. IT's my dream to have a home with one globe like this.
CDs and old cassettes....when they ruled the world. But, since then...Mp3 and other stuffs digitally shaped our world. So, it's kinda weird to find out that some of them are...
Trot singers. Yes...it's so mesmerizingly-interesting to see the old or golden time of their era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...