안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, March 6, 2014

Litte Moscow...Little Mongolia...Central Asia...in Seoul

...getting out of exit no. 5 at Dongdaemun Culture Park subway station, I was exposed at the strikingly different banners that adorned the streets and store banners all over the neighborhood. Yep..I was at ....what people refer to as "Central Asia Village" in Seoul.  
At a first glance...one might not see any difference that this place offered. But..once I was walking further deeper...the more I realized that adjacent or along with Hangeul....I could notice the reasons as to why this neighborhood is dubbed 'Little Moscow...Little Mongolia...Central Asia....neighborhood in Seoul. 
Just look at the Cyrillic scripts that NONE of them I could read! ㅋㅋㅋ
wait...I started to wonder if I were in Seoul.  
At times...we could find three language signage like the one above.  
A typical alley that one could easily find in the neighborhood also boasted to having signage written either in Hangeul or Cyrillic alphabets. 
I wished I'd known how to read them before coming here...:) Anyhow...this afternoon...my free-time took me here and well..it's worth the shot. Though I didn't have a chance to stumble and enter into shops that sell Russian or Central Asian countries like Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, and others. 
Since there are a lot of people from Central Asia reside in the neighborhood...even the Woori Bank also posts its signage in the Cyrillic script next to its English one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...