안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, January 28, 2016

Frozen Han River (part 5): Keep On Swimming or Strolling

Han river could be so inviting for some..to plunge themselves into..especially during summer...and that's why..this particular lifebuoy was set up in the designated places...where accidents such as drownings are prone to occur.
Okay..I kept on strolling along the riverbank...and found some dried tall grasses...dancing to the incoming winds..../ It's not much..but at least..this was the vegetation I could see along the road...
See? No one's there. I was a bit ...well...confused myself..as to why I ended up being there. Not that I didn't remember it, it's just that I was thinking of going home instead of wandering further away from the spot where I came from. That means...I had to walk..much farther..to reach the bus stop. But, they..that's a part of the journey...of exploring Han river during winter.
Some apartments are being constructed. I just simply cannot imagine how much they'd cost. I mean..just look at them, they are all facing the river..which according to Fengshui..it's one of the ways to blend harmoniously with nature...to get some luck in return. *oh, well.
again...a self portrait..of my shadow...
...Got enough of freezing myself to the bones...and it's time for me to go home.....by bus. Not by subway..since the latter would require me to walk...and walk...before reaching the station.
So, the only possible way for me to go home faster..was by taking a bus from UNDER the bridge. Yep...the brigde has an elevated road and the one beneath it. It's Banpo bridge....
Saw this read ball....frozen in time...and snow..
Banpo Bridge...reflected onto the surface of the river. Oh, I spotted some ducks live under the bridge..and that's pretty amazing considering the cold weather and freezing water they live at. gee....but, that's the mystery of nature. 
*been a great 2-hour journey to the river bank near Banpo bridge*

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...