안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, January 28, 2016

Frozen Han River (part 2): Han River from Atop the Rooftop...

I didn't expect anything from the river when I arrived there. Well, of course...I thought that it'd be nice to see some ice on the river as what the news was making a fuzz of. And..I just got what I wished for. Lots of ice...ice....broken ones...thick ones...frozen ones...adorned the river bank ..and surrounding the Floating Island where I was at that moment.
It's the first time ever..that I enjoyed the view of Youido from afar...from Banpo bridge...and what made it even more special was the fact that I was there on my own initiative. Not that what I've been doing are not mine, it's just..that. on.this particular day...I wouldn't have been allowed to be here in the first place. 
There were signs where visitors are refrained from entering the site due to the harsh weather...but then..I thought.."oh, well"
I just needed to take a bunch sample of pictures of this beautiful frozen river....which started melting. The fact that this was something out of ordinary...was one clear thing that I got to capture onto my lenses...and my memory.
oh, gosh....wondering what it must've looked like a few days earlier. It must've been awesome to be here earlier...though I might've frozen my hands....and all.
I saw a stair..a tall one...I mean stairs...leading up to the roof of the biggest floating island. I saw no signs or warning or whatsoever..that would prohibit anyone from climbing up the stairs...
So, without further ado, I dared myself to climb the stairs..and as I did....I could see the different sights and sound of the river...though the sound would just be 'stillness', I could see that something cold was happening down there...or up there on the roof.
Yup, I made it.  I was literally breathless...to be on the (almost) top of the roof. I was just some inches away from the top..when the wind sort of whispering ....not to go upstairs...yes I stopped right there.
Gee..the shivering feeling just trembled my feet even when I was writing down this entry. I felt that I was too scared to go up onto the roof. Maybe..it's too high for me. But, from where I was standing..I could see the different sight of the river...
The reflection on the glassed wall of the island...gee..it's really something to be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...