안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, January 28, 2016

Frozen Han River (part 3): Blueish-Looking Reflection on the Han River

The blue skies..and its blue reflection.....really conquered my fear of froze-bite. ^^
I was literally almost on the top of the roof at the floating island when I took this picture. I was shivering...and something prohibited me from going upstairs though it's just a few steps away. But..this view was great enough for me to say "okay,stop it, Suray. Let's go down"
The whole area was covered in broken ice and the afternoon skies sort of helped me out of this fear...I mean..I was a bit scared of height..but this particular scenery was the first reason as to why I came here in the first place.../ so, no harms done.
As I was descending, I took some snaps of the river...and oh boy..the weather was nicely warm...compared to the previous days, of course. 
Couldn't get enough of the pictures. Boy, my eyes got sore due to the bright bluish color of the hour...and due to the whiteness of the river...thanks to the ice..
In case, some might wonder why I ever wanted to go here; considering the fact that I got to feel the cold breeze and all. Well, this passion of curiosity about what the river would looklike during winter...was ..again and again...the driving force that brought me there.
See? Lots of people see this uniquely designed architecture in Seoul....so why bothered taking the pictures of these islands?
For..me...it's the satisfying sensation of being able to the places where none would never want to be. I was the only one at the river bank near this particular site from where I could see the floating islands were really surrounded by the ice. 
A completely different way of enjoying Han river in Seoul. Not during summer or spring, but during winter..especially when the river was covered in ice...ice..and ice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...