안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, January 28, 2016

Frozen Han River (part 1): The Icy Cold Journey Began

Getting off at the Seoul Bus Terminal and headed myself towards exit 8-1.....then...walked for about 1 kilometer before I ended up ...finding myself at the riverbank...
This was what I was deliberately going to see. Yup, I heard from the news about the frozen river for the past few days....but...thanks to the cold snap...I couldn't just go out and check it out for myself...
until it reached about 3.3 degree Celsius as of yesterday. So, I kinda felt warmed up...and dared myself to take the train after work....not going straight back home...but instead....going to this particular corner of Han river where the famous floating island is located.
Seoul Tower was visible from afar...and some apartments were also visible from where I was standing. Right..I was at the Hanvit Floating island....at Banpo Bridge...
...and what I saw was..wow...it's like glasses ...layers of glasses just broke up into pieces on the surface of the river. I mean..wow..that's something beyond ordinary. Maybe it happens every winter...but boy...it's the first time ever that I was crazy enough to be this close to the center of the river...to see it with my own eyes.
I guess...it's about 4.30 pm and not many people..in fact...I was the only one ...strolling along the deck of the island. Yep..a crazy one. No one would want to be here in this terribly cold weather...but anyway..I pushed myself....to be here.
To take some snaps of this river. I was actually thinking of staying there until sunset and would love to take some pictures while the sun's setting ..while the river was full of broken ices. But, then..I decided not to. 
The architectural wonder floating on the surface of the river....with the melting broken ices surrounding it....enough to give it a different feel of the neighborhood.
Thanks to my camera...and sorry for my camera, too...well..since I brought it along during this cold snap...and I got to keep it warm so as to make it dearly good for me during the next one hour self-tour of this floating island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...