안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, November 19, 2015

JEONGGWANHEON: A Blend of Korean and Western Ornaments

...but first...as I saw this Romanesque-style building reminded me of Sultan Palace in Jogjakarta, Indonesia.
Even...the function of this hall is quite similar. Hmm..strangely enough....
..this was used as the very place where guests...especially foreign ones were...
..entertained. it's a unique feature of this building.
The carving is also a mixed of Korean and Western styles...
....I loved the way....this hall.is preserved...
...I was perplexed to see how this was harmoniously preserved.
...that's why...
Lots of people will find this unique...
...and the fact that it was built in 1900....even made it more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...