안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, June 27, 2013

콩국수가 왔다!!! Kongkuksu is Coming......!!!

콩국수 (kongkuksu) or let's see...I don't know how to describe it...I just do not want to copy and paste from the internet to 'tell' and 'describe' what it is. Just that. Ok..let me try...I think..this is a summer-only noodle soup. But, here's the catch: the soup is not just an ordinary one, it is made of grated or ground soybean (be it the white ones or black ones). Yes, the ground soybean is mixed with water, salt..(I guess) and other ingredients that I am not sure what..then mixed together with some sliced cucumber for garnish. Oh...a slice of egg, too..would do the trick to make it tastier. 
oh..I guess...are those sesames?  
And..another thing that I ordered at the same time...was....라뽁이 (rapukki). It's I-am-telling-you-I-am-not-lying spicy noodle mixed in gochujang or Korean-style chili pepper (this one what makes it hot!). Other garnishes they put in it are.....odeng (fish-cakes??), sesames (not agaiiin), one whole boiled egg, and..of course..the tteokpukki itself. Because  rapukki is a coined word that comes from a combination of ramyeon + tteokpukki. 
Ok..back to 콩국수 (kongkuksu)....I guess I'll have to eat more of this during summer....
cos it's refreshingly fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...