안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, June 14, 2013

Man of Steel: It (kinda) ruined my childhood...oh, well

Once again, being a movie freak, I could not resist myself from not having to 'BE' in the premier of one of the most anticipated Summer blockbuster: Man of Steel.
Yup. Thursday. 2013.06.13. @ Wangshimni CGV--dubbed to be one of my must-be place to be to enjoy movie.
Take a look at the trailer, first. 
Ok: I expected to be blown away by the movie...but I was like 'half-blown'
It is a roller-coaster movie, alright..
BUT..
It (to a certain degree) RUINED my childhood memories of what Superman was/is/will be.^^
I mean...This "Man of Steel" tone IS different.
I was not impressed by the first few minutes...but I was so excited and drawn into the movie when the adult-superman was portrayed as a normal Clark Kent at home with his father and mother.
As for the action: oh Man..it was destructively nasty. Well, my eyes are getting used to all of the computer-generated images that it did okay in oozing me into the sky.
I kinda want to see more of his childhood development more....before the movie zapped in a split-second to the matured present-day Clark Kent a.k.a. Jor El. 
I think Superman transformation is TOO soon. It could've been dug out even compellingly deeper.
* and..the destruction of Metropolis also somewhat gave me a 'bland' feeling. 
Other parts of the city were still leisurely at their slackest time of the year when just right on the neighborhood....a calamity IS happening!! what?
and the time frame : Krypton and Earth. Gosh..is it a trivial stuff? 
Well, I wish I could say that.
Now I know why it is PG 12.
 It is intended for kids even in their elementary school or junior high.
Hmm..I just wish that it would've been PG 17+ so that it would give it a more depth into what should have been an emotional ride.
Emotional movie? (** out of 4)
Action? (**- out of 4)
Story? (**- out of 4)
The special Effect? (**- out of 4)
See it again for the 2nd time? Maybe, not definitely.
or maybe I should've watched it on IMAX 3D?
hmm..let's see.
Oh..I miss my Christopher Reeve's Superman 
or even...oh..it turned out ( I could not believe that I would say this....)
that I could even miss Brandon Routh^^(chuckles).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...