안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, June 20, 2013

World War Z 월드워 Z


Just got back from watching the premiere of World War Z @ CGV Wangshimni. Ok, first thing first...I still remembered the first time I watched the trailer back then and it was like.."Whoa" It's huge...and I thought I knew what it was all about: well, simply put: an outbreak of zombie apocalypse. But, was it all about that?
It was almost full-house that I got to squeeze myself in between couples. Luckily I managed to get a rather well-situated seat to enjoy the movie. 
I had to admit that it was way much better than what I had expected. Brat Pitt delivered what he promised to be one of the sweating summer blockbuster. I was holding my breath in some of the scenes. The fact that this movie is sort-of divided into 4 or more acts is something fresh: Philadelphia--> Off the Atlantic --> South Korea --> Jerusalem --> Plane Ride --> Scotland(?)--> ...??? 
It was grandeur in scale and grandeur in its premise of scaring me ...enough to make me squirm in my seat.
The fast-paced zombies were so fast in seconds-in-the-making that in a blink of an eye I just could not believe what I saw.
Zombie apocalypse on the global scale raptures the whole world that the only thing we could do is succumb to it...
I love the last 30 minute in the lab which I think is one of the best sequences in the movie. 
Or the cinematic achievement of creating a giant wall all over Jerusalem is also one of the vividly haunting scenes in the movie.
So, I give it a **** out of 5. 
Simply loved the idea of the movie.
Well executed.
Well Done, Brat Pitt.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...