안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 11, 2014

Highlights of Our Winter Trip @ Jeonju

The quintessential dish of Jeonju: 전주비빔밥  or Jeoju's very own mixed rice. Though some may say 'what's the fuzz about Jeonju having its own so-called 'bibimbab', I myself could guarantee that it WAS indeed different from what I tasted it. I think it's the sauce that differentiate its taste & savory:)
Well, I could just brag about it...but no.....it's simply tasty. 
and yes...the plate is different. Instead of the usual stone bowl, it was a large round plate. (though ..it would also differ among restaurants). 
then..the most striking architectural feature I encountered is this Catholic Cathedral. Well, it would not have surprised me, had it not been right in the vicinity of this vast Joseon-era hanok village. As I remembered, there were many martyrs who had to meet their fate simply because they brought about this religion. But, just by the fact that this Cathedral stands still....there must be some historical stories worth-telling.
*(browse it, dear readers). 
What could be more entertaining (for us and for lots of people who saw us) than 'wearing hanbok' during winter!!! 
Yes, our school paid this trip for us and what we had was an unexpected experience. We were not told that we would be able to wear hanbok all day long while strolling around Jeonju Hanok Village. 
more pictures with friends. 
Why didn't I pose as a king,first?^^ 
Jeonju Hanok village from atop a hill. 
It looks like any other hanok village in Korea, but boy...it surely was big.
Like a labyrinth. 
Blue sky ..... 
until we reached the end of our trip at Jeonju just before the sun set.
(More stories: coming up on my blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...