안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, January 20, 2014

The 10th Korean Day (한국의 날)

I was in Jogja just in time when our department's annual Korean Day was held. The 2-day event took place at our Cultural Center UGM. I was like..whoa..I've missed the 3 Korean Day events for 3 years..so having been able to be back again to the event was a bliss. 
It's fully packed with Korean lovers.
I am sure that our students did a good job of preparing the event. 
Just like 3 years before, this year PAS (Pacific Asia Society whose members are Korean students from numerous universities in Korea) participated in the event. They so happened to be visiting our university during this Winter break.So, they're also busy 'preparing' Korean stuff to be served for Korean Day visitors. 
One of the best highlights of my visit to Korean Day was of course...meeting with my students and colleagues. Rio ssnm and other colleagues.
Yes..we're pretty much new department so...staffs are young, too. (am I still considered as young, too? ㅋㅋㅋ). 
Then..I went up to the 2nd floor of the venue and I could see just how crowded the hall was. On an annual basis, we could sort of be proud that what we do has been attracting lots of Korean lovers and anyone interested in learning about Korea. 
I bet...they're more than a thousand people ....there. 
Then, meeting my students again...and again...
I was happy to be able to meet them again. oh..some of them are those who just got back from Korea. So, it's like...a mini reunion...again. 
One more picture of how Korean Day was unfolding on its first day of 2-day event.
여러분, 많이 많이 수겨하셨다. Good Job, Guys!
 I am happy to be in Jogja again just when you guys are having this event.
alhamdulillah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...