안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, January 12, 2014

Jeonju Trip (part 6): Fan Museum (부채박물관)

As like any other buildings in Jeonju, the wooden tiles, roofs, and pillars are the most striking features of even building like this museum, Fan Museum. 
Oh, there's no entrance fee. --> a plus.  
As the name suggests, we could see displays of fans made in Korea and other countries; but mostly those of Korea's origins. 
Oh, I snapped a picture of this 'outrageous' functions of fan. I never thought of it before. *I explain this on my special entry. 
then, I saw these three old fans--which must have been a treasure to this museum. I tried to find any inscriptions telling me as to when these were created. But nada....!
But, boy, they look so old... 
Okay, for anyone not interested in museums, well...they surely can skip the tour to museum since this is not that large and quite small in comparison to other museums. But, if you're into antiques especially fans...well...why not take your time to come and visit this museum.
My two Mongolian friends were busy discussing what they were watching. It's in the world's fans display section. I bet they're sort of 'arguing' what they were looking at. 
Hmm..this looks familiar...wait...is it?  
These ones, especially the round one, were definitely bizarre. Hmm..never seen anything like it before.  
This one would definitely be the most well-known rendition of Korea's traditional fans.
 Fan souvenirs probably got the idea from this one. 
Mind you: the one hanging right here on display is simply humongous. 
Thought it was a fly-splatter...but it isn't! 
부채 or fan as the Korean name suggests simply mean that it's a tool made of wood or bamboo (and paper or ...clothes, maybe??) designed in such a way to 'create' wind by flapping the fans by hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...