안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 11, 2014

Jeonju Trip (part 2): The First Glimpses of the Hanok Village

Just after we had lunch, we strolled along the paved streets that I love. I mean..the streets are not covered in asphalt like most streets would have been, instead they are tiles. Yup, tiles. 
I loved the fact that it was not that cold that day. In fact, it was more like autumn! Not that cold and not that warm, either. Just ..a perfect day for walk in a setting like this. 
We kept on walking ...passing the seemingly never ending show of hanok over hanok that dot the whole landscape of the village. 
and...voila...this is 보주  or Jeonju makkeolli. Hmm..so this is what people have been raving about. I wonder how much this may cost. I didn't buy them, though. 
Even CU was written in Hangeul (씨유)...and other shops were, too.
Hmm..I guess...Jeonju really wants to retain its authenticity, though, of course..they are all modern building.s 
With the barren trees in winter..the setting couldn't have been prettier or eerier depending on when we set our heart & mind when we looked at it.
But, as for me...it's simply ...winter. 
Now, we passed the famous Cathedral in Jeonju.  
Kept on walking..and the sight of the cathedral was still visible. Well, it's one of the most striking architectures in Jeonju, I guess.  
Then, we were walking pass the square where I spotted this "oops" statue..that would intrigue everyone looking at it to guess what it was supposed to portray... 
Oh, right..I still could see the same architecture that really gave a striking feature to the city---at least around Hanok Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...