안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, June 7, 2014

Revisiting 'Sleeping Beauty' in Maleficent (말레피센트)

 Maleficent perturbed and entertained me. Was it because Angelina Jolie? Couldn't be sure of it, either. But, I loved it--no matter what the critics say about this particular movie.
The tall pillar-posters adorned the CGV hall. 말레피센트 (Maleficent) perturbed me in the way it really twisted, jeopardized, and urged me to revisit my previously strong-held knowledge of how 'Sleeping Beauty' bedtime story was told. 
It prompted me to ponder again and think the whole version of 'Sleeping Beauty' from the point of view of what I used to see as the no-need-to-know dark-side's stance. 
But, boy..I think this movie delivered its premise. (once again..against the bad reviews that this movie got from reviewers). 
After finishing my school-paper work, I had 2.5 hours free to spend. And..as a movie-junkie, I rushed myself to the theater and got myself a pampering in the afternoon.
This movie captivated me so much so that I was glued until the end credit was rolling up...while listening to the eerie, yet no-other-song-can-substitute-this song...called ' Once Upon A Dream' --which, of course, also appeared at the original Disney's animated rendition of Sleeping Beauty back in 1956(?). 
Yes..its' so good that I literally sunk into the seat...enjoying it. 
"Well..well...what an awkward situation" the uninvited Maleficent said while dashing into the royal's party for the birth of princess Aurora.....
Gee..I definitely recommend this movie for everyone out there who still loves the magic that Disney brings...or in this case....the magic that Angelina Jolie brought to us.
#There is one scene that really perturbed me and got me on my senses--. *Spoiler alert*
when Maleficent lost her wings and she cried out loud. This scene really corresponds to what just happened to Angelina Jolie herself who just got her double mastectomy or breast removed.
OMG..the way she cried in despair...was a resonance to what happened to her in real life.
Is it another factor that boosted me in appraising the movie? Oh, well.
All in all, I lam looking forward to my 2nd viewing with friends.^^


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...