안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, June 6, 2014

Today's Friday-Bazaar @ Itaewon Masjid

Today happened to be Memorial Day (현충일 -hyeonjung il) in Korea. Surely it's a holiday. I simply had it casually until I went out of my home to find out that yes...it's a special day. Early in the morning, ajeossi in our apartment raised Taegukki (Korean flag) and then as I marched my way towards subway station on my way to the Masjid, I noticed flags were raised in front of some houses and shops. 
That's not the only special occasion I (finally) noticed today. As I arrived at the Masjid, I was taken aback by my oblivion of not coming to Masjid early...."knock..knock..knock...Hello...somebody's there?" Yes..I should've gone to Masjid early..since hundreds of people flocked to pray on this holiday. 
Well, most of them did not have to work..so practically it's their best shot of 'coming' to Seoul and pray at the Central Masjid @ Itaewon.
That's one picture I took today as I was marching myself out of the crowd as soon as the prayer finished. 
Gee..it's hot outside..but the enthusiasm of those coming simply for the bazaar was astounding. 
*looking back--> I loved the relatively blue sky we had today.
and...once again..:Happy Memorial Day: for everyone commemorating this. 
*oh, I should have changed the title of this post*#where's the bazaar? ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...