안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, June 30, 2014

Get Well Soon, Ben....^^

Yep..this is what caught both of our attention. It's posted on the pedestal of Benro's bed in the Catholic University Hospital in Suwon. We saw and made jokes about it. The very fact that we joked and talked about it...tells us something: I know that Ben is strongly fighting over his cancer...and I know that no matter what happens...the happiness and willingness to survive the cancer is right within Ben's heart. He told me and I know it does.  In fact...number 2 pretty much summed up what Benro looked to me, at least. I could be wrong..but I just do not want the pain to increase. It's just too unbearable. 
Benro, my friend, my student, my colleague, and my pal who is now lying in bed at the hospital due to his lung cancer....should be proud of being who he is since he is surrounded by friends..thousands of them who wish him good health. Friends from walks of life...take turn visit him at the hospital...and that I think....simply shows how close and utterly friendly he must have been all these years to everyone....
And...I must say that I felt sorry for not being able to be there all the time. ..in fact my visit to meet him last week....was only possible after I finally got my classes over..and then..right after Friday prayer...I decided to pay him a visit. Yes...it's been a month since he struggled with the stadium 4 cancer that he is now suffering. 
Benro told me that he'd better cheer himself up all the time...by realizing that instead of being 'preoccupied' with the cancer, he'd rather be as cheerful and happy as he used to be. And..yes..that IS the spirit.
So, if almost every day....he posts a pic of himself on Facebook or other social media..it does not mean that he ignores what he is in for...but instead..that is one of the ways he communicates with the outside world, including his families back home in Indonesia..who always want to know how he is doing. Yes..that's good, Benro. Keep doing it.  
As for the meal, he ate ( and still eats) as he wants it to be.,,and I am happy to know that he is now being a somewhat vegetarian....not fully..but this helps him save time and energy of not having to tell the staffs what he ought not to eat...or saving him from having to worry about what to eat in the hospital. 
The hospital simply knows that. Period.
When I gave him a visit the other day, he got this sprout soup, kimchi, reddish kimchi, some half-boiled veggies, tofu, and rice, of course.
He dug into the meal as he should have. And..looks like he did enjoy his meal--> which is more than relieving to me. 
Good, Ben. I am sure that you'll get through this.
Can't wait to have you around in campus or on the radio..
We promised that we'd pair up on air over radio, right?
Hoping that it will be realized soon. Amen. 
Till then...Bismillah...be strong..and stay healthy...and keep smiling and be positive. 
Right, Ben?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...