안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, June 6, 2014

Being Different is beautiful...

Yes..it's a public service advertisement endorsing Korean society's (seemingly existent) pressure on women/girls to have an 'artificial' look by way of plastic surgery. 
This ad would not have been existent in the first place, HAD the social problem as it postulated NOT BEEN there in the first place, right?
Okay..let me jot down what it says. For those who may not understand Korean language, I'll try to translate the sentences. Hope I translate them correctly.^^ gee....
V -- 똑 떨어지는 V라인 'the exact V-line figure'
342434 Bust.Waist. Hip. 
S --- 완벽한 S라인 'perfect S-line'
대한민국 표준 여성코도?
Korea's standard codes for women?
세상은 나에게 똑같은 몸매, 똑같은 얼굴를 가지라고 하지만 난 그렇게 되고 싶지 않아
Although the world told me to have similar facial and physical figure, I don't want to do that
그건 내가 아니라 남들이 만들어놓든 기준이니까
because that is not me. Instead, it is a standard that others put upon me. 
지금 이대로가 세상에서 단 하나뿐인 진짜 내모습이나까
The way I look as of now is my real looks...the only one in the world.
나도, 당신도 지금 이대로 괜찮아
It's alright to be what we are now. Me and You.  
And I was glad to find out that this public service ad was created by an organization calle Korean women link.
Oh...I also love the copywriter of this ad made it in such a witty way that would give it a plus. At least for me.
르니까 아름답다
The sentence literally means 'since it's different, then it's beautiful'. 
But the ad wittily emphasizes the syllable 다 in the word 다르(다). 
You see, 다르다  actually means 'different'
but, if you just take the 다, then it means 'ALL'

thus..here it is....ONE simple sentence WITTILY means two things:
(1) 다르니까 아름답다 'different, so it is beautiful'
(2) 다 아름답다 'ALL is beautiful'
I couldn't agree more.^^ 
The bar code that characterizes this simple ad on subways is what caught my attention in the first place. Now I see it on a daily basis on my way to and from school. 
I guess...although this ad is in Korea, I think it is applicable to all women in other society as well. I think. 
AND....I APPLIES to men as well.
I think society also sort of 'forces' men to act or look like what they want them to be...
If only we put our time to ponder again the very idea of why we are created different.
..that ALL is beautiful.
..that being different is beautiful as well.
That's my rant...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...