안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, June 17, 2011


Since January 2011, I’ve been glued to my particularly favorite channel, i.e. “Star World” simply to follow on the journey of a down-to-earth country-singer-to-be (Scotty Mccreery) in American Idol season 10 show. Since the first time I saw him on the auditon, I think he captivated me with his deeeeep voizze. Crossed my finger that he got something in store for the whole lot of the show. And he did. He managed to captivate American audience as well as other countries’ audience via satellite tv. Just like what he did to me ….which eventually ticked me to be the fan and that’s what I’ve been doing for the past 5 months.
Now that he is crowned as the American Idol season 10. All what is left in me is a feeling of relief and happy since from day-one…he has been my contender of the whole show. One of the few reasons to let my self glued to the show was simply his existence in the show. ( I am sorry, there might be others who may not agree with me), but he simply is a perfect one to be (at least to my expectation) and it turned out (as the result showed) most American agreed.
With more than 120 millions vote on the final night (Thursday, May 26 morning), he got most the votes to be officially crowned as the AI winner of 2011.
At this point, something that really struck my thought was the huge popularity as shown by the number of votes (more than 100 millions votes alone at a single night)—the highest record among other previously aired seasons. What left me dumbfounded was the simple fact that a lot of Americans cared a lot about the show. I did google on it, fb-ed on it, tweeted on it, bing-ed on it..and it showed me never ending arrays of enthusiasts…from all walks of life in the States.
One of the most striking feature was when Garner (a previously unknown small town where Scotty worked and lived) becomes famous and upscaled in the map and minds of American people and entertainment industry.


Surely…this particular Fox’s highly rated show is indeed an achievement in itself.
Now…I wonder if the same show (Indonesian Idol) here would also be receiving the same amount of interest from its people. Well, I couldn’t answer it….since so many factors and reasons behind it.
It might be due to the fact that there are various (more than 10) national broadcasts In Indonesia with so many look-alike shows. So the voters must’ve been divided into those different shows. So…getting more than a million votes for one single show is unlikely (well, so do the States).
It might be due to the fact that there are vast arrays of different ethnicities in Indonesia (of which may not prone to liking certain shows or talent shows on TV stations). (well, so do the States).
It might NOT be due to the fact that there are limited number of cellular or phone subscribers in Indonesia. (well, neither do the States).
Guess I will never be able to find out as to why the talent shows on Indonesian TVs got only few enthusiasts (ratings). But, hey…I might be the one who is kuper ‘oblivous ‘of not knowing the real situation in my own country.

The shows like Indonesia’s Got Talent, Big Brother, etc …which are mushrooming on national TVs might have their own loyal enthusiasts across the country. IF this is the case, then..I am happy to the extent that these kinds of shows (to some degree) have succeeded in unifying the whole citizens in Indonesia. Just like what I have suspected in the States. Althought there are many indifferent people ( I am sure), but still…the number of votes in AI 2011 alone has suggested that one single show has managed to secure its role in unifying the whole nation. (it looked so when the final episode between Lauren and Scotty managed to capture over 100 million votes)...well..

and...I hope it's true..

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...