안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, June 17, 2011

Pondering over SOURCE CODE (the movie)


Just watched “Source Code” for the second time. It really got me. It did. I never thought that I would be able to see one of the most positively reviewed movies in the first few months of 2011, i.e. Source Code. I do not know who I should thank to for having released this particular movie to Indonesian cinema. Okey, I am not going to talk about this..but I am thinking of writing what I have been thinking over the movie since I watched it twice. Yes, twice in a week.:)
I think it owed to the fact that the movie itself successfully intrigued the moviegoer like me to watch one of the sleeper movies like this one. I think the credit should come to the Director (Mr. Duncan Jones….?:)
I was glued to the seemingly intricate and preposterous storyline, BUT yet….it won my heart and my mind as well. An idea that parallel realities do exist as suggested in the film DOES get me head over heel about the movie Especially, Jake Gyllenhaal’s superb and subtle acting did get me. I did buy his acting and his feeling. In addition to his plausible acting, I also admired Vera Farmiga’s cool and determined acting as portrayed in the movie. Their gesture, their eyes, everything they do in the movie DO support the plausibility of “Source Code”
And…yes…the soundtrack (which was arranged by Chris Bacon–or so I learned)…does give me chill and an eery feeling especially the opening credit of the movie or at least the first 5 minutes of the movie and the time-freeze moment at-the-almost- the end part of the movie. I am so carried away by the scene as well as by the music accompanying it.

I am not in the position of telling (writing) any spoiler of the movie. no, never. The movie should speak of itself. Therefore, I am just recommending anyone interested in ‘Great’ movie to see this for themselves.
I can assure you that it will be worth the wait, worth the time and worth the money. Just go and see it…and prepare yourself to be blown away by arrays of surprises in the most positively reviewed recent sci-fi movie of the 2011 (at least up to May 2011).



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...