안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Imjingak 9DMZ ....)

I went to Imjingak with a bunch of my friends from the Korea Brand Communicator. Thanks to Korea's Presidential Council on Nation Branding.....coz it was one of its programs for its members to enjoy and see for themselves the famous DMZ.  I went there to visit several places related with the current North-South Border zones where a war truce between the two countries are still vividly visible. 
The bridge above is called the Bridge of Freedom. I learned that it was built to free the prisoners as many as 12,773 in 1953. They were released from the North and then they got to reach the Gyeongui railway line bridge by car and then..they got to walk across this famous bridge--nowadays called as the Bridge of Freedom. 

It was so hot that day that I got to find a shade so as to relax and take a deep breath of the stifling heat. It looks fine on the picture, but ...OMG..it was so hot that day. The heat kinda reflected the must-have-been hard times the prisoners must have had during the war.

I was circling the circle on my way back home. This is the spot where I was right underneath the bridge and then took my time to take the picture. It was fully made of wood or steel I can't make it out but one thing for sure...it was still intact and most importantly..this standing 'bridge of freedom' symbolizes the longing for freedom in the time of hardships: to cross over some hurdles in reaching out the better world.

This one is what is best known as the Steam locomotive that survived the bombardment from the North.
Just look at the close-up shot below:
  This steam locomotive is a symbol of the tragic history of the division between North and South Korea. This locomotive has been left stranded like this in the DMA since it was derailed by bombs during the Korean war. But, of course, the one being displayed here had undergone thorough inspection to stand the test of time for years to come and for generations to learn about the past.
철마는 달리고 싶다 .'Let the Iron Horse Run Again.'
I think it painfully describes the fact how desperate it is for the train and any future trains to run through the existing railways connecting the North and South. 
As for me, I do hope that this will someday be a dream comes true.
This is the real railways that will enable to transport people and goods once the free flow of traffics between the two countries is opened. Until then, let's hope and pray for the best.
 
I think it is the 'Bridge of freedom' that I was referring to earlier in this entry. I took the picture from up above and a bit way further from the bridge itself. Oh, I saw some remaining Spring flowers. (or they were Summer flowers, actually?) could not know it for sure.

As bright and beautiful as they look, the meaning beyond them does not look so. Well, some hopes and prayers were written on those colorful ribbon to signify the peaceful peninsula. But, the mere fact that they've been there for years.....remains a difficult task and seems to be a far-reaching dream. 
Yet, dreams do come true at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...