안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, May 28, 2012

BOngeunsa Temple: Lantern festival

What did the temple offer to its visitors during the Lantern festival?
Fish-shaped lanterns spotted above the pond--the real ponds found in front of the temple. As the night sky falls and the lanterns are lit, the brightness that brings life to the 'fish' does invigorate the serenely eerie feeling of just looking at them. Eerie yet relieving to the eyes.

See the reflection of the lanterns on the surface of water? It's that life-life! The difference: of course, it was the fact that the 'fish' were glowing above the water^^ 
I think these kinds of lanterns were the ones that captivated me. 
As we were going deeper into the temple and got our back against the temple, we could see the entrance to the temple. It looked different when I saw it from different perspective.

This is what I meant. The sky-rise buildings at the back indicate that the temple are truly located in the middle of one of Seoul's most sophisticated districts bustling with shops, hotels, and malls. 

 Freya & her Mom
 

I spotted a plane-lantern.
My wife and I were both taking turn to take picture--to prove that we 'were' there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...