안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Odusan Unification Observatory

and.... I was also at ODUSAN unification Observatory. 
The picture above was the Unification Wishing Room where visitors can write their wishes  for unification between the North and South Korea. And these notes will be stored in a time capsule until the day of Korean Unification. See the peninsula-shaped green paper hung on the wall behind me? Those were the wishing papers written by people during their homage to this shrine.

One interestingly eye-catching display during the tour to Odusan is the panorama or diorama in big sizes that captures the still images , not the real life-like imagery and portrayals of what life would be like in the North. Well, though I am sure that life must've been much better than this one up there in the North, I am sure that this somehow pretty much displays what it must've been like. 
The first time I saw this, it resembles to some extent the same condition of what Indonesians people have in their present living room or houses, especially those who are avid followers of the government. It's pretty interesting to note the similarities: especially on the fact that the portraits of the current president and its vice president are respected by hanging them on the walls. Pretty similar with that of Indonesia's situation.

Then, off we went to Imjingak Observatory. I took pictures with some of my friends from The Korea Brand Communicator.

Another thing that impressed me most is the mere simple sight of parking lot being overcrowded with cars and buses. That means one thing: tourists and locals do come to this place. I never thought that such a historical place like this one does indeed perpetuate its charms and attracts lots of people. I love the fact that lots of Korean people be it young and old, and foreigners do visit the place. I guess..it pretty much has something to do with the intrinsically inherent war-truce that Korea is still under, and yet Korea managed to be one of the developed countries in the world. Being one of the developed countries, Korea managed to make the best use of its status to foster its tourism industry. How cool is that?
And..oh...if you happened to notice...there is even an amusement land just right at the entrance to the site. I think this is one of the myriad ways to attract people. 

I was about to cross over the 'Bridge of Freedom' What is it? Just read my other entry on this one. 

Let the Iron Horse Run Again
This is the Steam locomotive at Jangdan station of the Gyeongui line. Being registered as the cultural heritage No 78 in Korea, this historical reminiscence from the Korean War is one of the attractions at Imjingak Observatory.
*Thanks to Presidential Council fon Nation Branding inf Korea for inviting me to this valuable cooperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...