안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Reminiscence from Odusan...

On May 20th, 2012, with a bunch of friends from the Korea Brand Communicators, we went to DMZ.
(Please read my other entries concerning my experiences of going and visiting there)
As soon as I got off my bus, the first thing that I saw near the entrance to the Odusan Observation complex was a bunch of snacks called ' Soldier Fuel' ^^. 군인연료 well well well..I did not whether there is such a thing as a soldier fuel. I did not bother to ask also as to why it is called so. Maybe some soldiers did eat or do eat this snack? Well, I should've asked and bought some. *sigh*

Before exploring more into the site, I dropped by at an exhibition hall which turned out to display a lot of products produced in the North Korea. Where are they exactly mass-produced?

No other than...the Gaeseong Industrial Complex. Judging from the modern-looking complex as seen on the picture above, one could simply understand that this is the kind of stuffs necessary to enhance the economy of the North. But, with the current situation going on ....one could only wonder if it will still prevail. We just hope for the best.
Gaeseong Industrial Complex is the largest North-South partnership project for peace on the Korean peninsula. Every day, hundreds of vehicles and people shuttled between South Korea and Gaesong on the Geyong-ui expressway that crosses the DMZ, developing the industrial complex and manufacturing a wide variety of products. Through this, the foundation of peace and unification would be laid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...