안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, July 5, 2015

2015 International Conference on Korean Studies

I took a rest for half a day..and not even one day after my arrival in Seoul, I got to attend a conference at AKS (the Academy of Korean Studies)
Prof. Vyjayanti Raghavan from Nehru University, India delivering her speech. I was so happy to meet her again after like...hmm..almost 8 years?  
The schedule was so packed. 
I got to present my paper after lunch...(*although, of course..I was fasting....which means that I skipped my lunch)** ok...long story short: Alhamdulillah I did my presentation on Korean Studies in Indonesia.
. Finally. phew...
I was with the same panel with Dr. John Dimoia, from Dept. of History, National University of Singapore.
*the funny thing was that I was using his writings on my classes back in HUFS. what a small world...so...I was literally excited to be able to meet him in person. *thanks also to Prof. Park Jin-kyoung who introduced me to his works. 
More sessions were going on....Dr. Soontaree from Burapa University, Thailand. I also met her a couple of years earlier in other conference.  
Most of us..from Vietnam, Japan, India, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand.  
박성수 교수님 (Danang University of Foreign Studies); 임상균 (한일문화교류회); Dr. Vyjayanti Raghavan (Nehru University): Sarah Domingo Lipura (Ateneo de Manila University); Dr. John P. Dimoia (NUS); me; and Dr. Soontaree Larprungrueng (Burapa University, Thailand) 
We're having a special dinner after the first day of conference...but.... 
I was not able to eat...just joined in the table.....^^
*fasting month....fasting....** it's okay..... 
Thank God, it's finished. 
The second day of the conference touched upon the issues of Korea-Japan Relationship in its commemoration of their 50th relationship after the independence of Korea. 
The 2nd day during special session, I did need this interpretation tool in hand. 
all in all...the 2-day conference was a complete success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...