안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pieces from My Undergraduate Memoir

Graduated in 1998 when Indonesia experienced a political turmoil during the economic crisis. But. ..that didn't mean that I wasn't happy....No. my happiness of graduating from UGM was beyond words.
my parents came all the way from Kediri to Jogja. Alhamdulillah. Thanks to Mom and Dad, too.
oh...it's taken right in front of the School.of Humanities or Faculty of Letters back then.
yup...I took.these pictures by myself when we were demonstrating at the main building back in 1998.
wow...what a year!
Anyway....that's the past and...what's good about it was that the 1990s was a great decade for me....being a student.
I went to Lake Toba in North Sumatra.
...attending a national gathering of students from.across Indonesia.
....participating in a hmm...was it monthly? Discussion or was it during Ramadan? Gosh...I wish I remembered. But...one thing for sure I know who my friends are.
All.of them are lecturers now..wow. mas Arif Rokhman, me, mas Achmad Munjid, and my junior back then...Hanung Trihatmoko.
who could forget the fun we had of being the committee in.a seminar where Rae Sita Supit was once one of the speakers???
UC ..University Center...gee..20 years ago!!!
Or....the one with Salim Jeffrey...and Dr. Pudjiastuti..!!+
it was Ramadan.
with my friends...angkatan 1992 Sastra Inggris UGM.
SELAMAT RAMADAN guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...