안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Royal Tomb of Joseon Dynasty (part 4)

After a 30-minute walk trying to find where the best spot to see and admire this talked-about and sought-after royal tomb of Joseon Dynasty, I finally managed to find my way of going straight into the up-front lawn right in front of the tomb.....tens of meters away. 
Right, please keep in mind that the royal tomb is not that far off from the city, in fact it IS inside the city, so the serene atmosphere of the tomb itself must be viewed by our own sense of appreciating. *gee..I didn't even know what I'm saying... 
What I mean is that...no matter how hard I tried to sort of admire the beauty of its location, I was--more often than not--distracted by the high-rise building behind it.:-( 
But, what could I do? 
So, I just keep on walking until I found the perfect spot to see the royal tomb from afar.
This is the Tomb of King Jungjong. 
I was then standing in front of the Red Gate. (not yet visible) 
but I wonder if I ever did take a photo of the red gate through which all of the burial rites and its ancestral rites are performed? 
Anyway, it does not matter. Since I was standing from afar..I could barely see the T-shaped shrine (which I visited later on)...and apparently...the green burial mound right at the back of the shrine was not that clearly visible, either. 
Was I contented? nope, not the least. 'Let's see what I could make out out of this panoramic view?'
wow...a nice burial site in the middle of the city, right?
oh, there you are, Red Gate!! See the one on the right side? 
With a sunlight filter mode, I could vividly capture the serenity of this burial site for the Joseon Royal kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...