안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gangnam Station (DX Line) part 1

First time riding the DX line. It's the new subway line operating as a commuter line between Bundang and Gangnam. Even the tagline of its service is "It's only 16 minutes from Bundang to Gangnam"--which is considered as the downtown of Seoul for Bundang area. 
So, the operational service of this new line is an added value for those living in and out of Bundang--when it comes to reaching the Gangnam area.
I just so happened to find out about it when I was going home after taking a Sunday-walk. 
Intrigued by the numerous artistic installation perked on the walls across the station, I started to take as many pictures as possible... 
Since it's relatively new, I had a hunch that this is a bit deserted for a new line this impressive. 
One of the characteristics of this DX line is that it is fully automated. No one operates the train, but the computer. *correct me if I am wrong. Coz this is only based on what I saw on both ends of the trains. It's just glassed-wall through which I could see the whole line and rail-tracks along the way. 
And It's a new color of subway that I have ever been into.
The color of the seats and the central pole into which people would dangle tight when it's crowded....IF there would be one.^^--which I bet there is--considering this is a Gangnam-bound train. 
And the feel of freshly new operated station emanated from its shining silver-like floors, ceilings, and pillars.... 
it's just creepily cool!!!
now let's see the video I managed to take from within.
ouch that's too short...now let me get the longer one:
opps it's even shorter. Oh..gosh..I am afraid I may have deleted the longer version.
Blimey....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...